Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ever Heard Of "Capture The Flag"?



So... obviously I have a black eye.  That goes without saying.  But how I got it... that's actually a really funny story.  I would love to be able to tell you that I got it doing something really heroic, or making the "winning" dive to win a game... but I didn't.  I got it by standing completely stationary while a guy here on project ran full speed into my face.... it hurt.

We were playing this game called "Capture The Flag" on the beach last night with glow sticks. The point of the game is simple... each team has a flag (glow stick) that they keep at a base on one side of the beach. Each team tries to "capture" the other team's flag and then bring it back to their base. The only thing is that each team has players that guard their own flag... players that guard the prison (I'll explain later)... and players that run and go for the flag. 

I said I'd explain about the prison later, because that's where my black eye comes in... when you enter into the other teams "territory"... If you get tagged by the other team, you go to "prison". The only way you can get out of prison, is if one of your teammates runs in and tags your hand without being caught by the "jailer".... Well I was in prison... standing still waiting on someone from my team to tag my hand... when all at once... out of no where I see Sean (the guy who ran into me) running full speed towards the prison to try and tag Jenna's (another girl on my team) hand... as I see him running I step up - and what I think is out of the way - only to find myself about 0.2 seconds later on the flat of my back with an enormous headache... 

To sum it all up... we collided... and when we did, his forehead hit the left side of my face and then his toe hit my shin... it dislocated and fractured his big toe... in fact, it was pointing in towards the rest of his toes at about a 45 to 50 degree angle... it was nasty.

The pictures don't really do my eye justice....  Think about it this way... try and imagine the amount of force it would take for you to dislocate and fracture your big toe on someone's shin... that amount of force is the same amount that his forehead hit my face.... I definitely don't think I'll forget this game of "Capture The Flag".... By the way, the pictures were taken on the camera built-in to my computer... so they're a mirror image... i didn't really forget my right and left... the picture looks like it's my right side... but it's my left.

No comments: