Monday, July 14, 2008

When It Rains... It Pours

So for the past year I have wondered why it was that death seemed to be all around me. What I mean by that is after Whitney died... it seemed like all these people close to me began losing people they loved... It seemed like after January, things started to "settle down"... I guess I began to hope for the remainder of 2008 to be a "good year"... Then, a few weeks ago, we got news that one boy from my high school and his friend (whom I also knew) were killed in a car accident. Even though I wasn't close to these people, the thought of someone you know dying can be heartbreaking... especially when it was pretty clear that they were unbelievers.... And yet again, death... I found out today that a guy I graduated high school with was killed in a motorcycle accident... his name was Glenn Ferrell, but we all knew him as Scooter. I've found myself today asking "Why God?"... Why is everyone around me dying? After talking to my mom, I realized that it wasn't that death wasn't happening before May 28, 2007... I was just blind to it.... As draining as it is sometimes to experience the death of a loved one or watch others you love go through it... I'm thankful for it... I'm thankful that death has become so "real" to me, and my prayer is that I would begin to see others' souls in light of eternity... Oh how I yearn to have such a love and concern for the Lost, that my heart would not only break when someone I know dies... but that as I open the newspaper or hear about it on the news, that I would - out of love and concern - be motivated to share the Gospel boldly... all the days of my LIFE! This is my duty as a "steward of the mysteries of God".... Pray for Scooter's family and his friends... pray that God's glory would be revealed to those close to Scooter who do not know Christ.... pray that eyes would be opened and hearts would be changed... Pray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and God has been faithful to hold you and bless you through it ALL. You are in a safe place. It has been a privilege to watch your life unfold in the past year. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. I love you!